Summary of duties:
The Senior Director Talent Acquisition (TA) builds, develops, and manages a team of talent acquisition professionals responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive recruiting strategy to find best fit high-quality candidates at all levels of the organization. This leader will develop a high performing Talent Acquisition team and be responsible for strong Talent Acquisition practices. The leader partners with Amtrak’s management team developing and driving innovative talent acquisition solutions and projects designed to meet both current and future business objectives. This leader will be driven by data and analytics to lead the team to success. Ensuring each recruiter is driving our employment brand through each and every candidate will be critical to their success. This leader will need to be fiscally responsible and manage to the TA budget. The leader in this role will commit to a safe and secure work environment adhering to all expectations to create an environment of safety for all employees in and around TA. This position provides leadership in creating a culture that values employees by serving as trusted advisors, creating strategic partnerships, and being responsive to organizational needs.The position reports to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of BPs, Labor & Employee Relations, and Talent Acquisition.
- Partner with each business line to facilitate a truly integrated approach to workforce planning which will require the involvement of Amtrak’s business and functional line leadership and HC professionals that best understand the requisite skills and competencies of individual business lines and departments. Leverage Workforce Analytics function of HC to drive a repeatable process for workforce planning throughout Amtrak.
- Concentrate efforts on talent, technology, and process within the Talent Acquisition arena, including but not limited to developing and maintaining skill sets of hiring managers and TA professionals, while promoting strong internal and external customer service. Responsible for leading the TA technology platform to ensure full optimization, utilization, enhancement, and continuous improvement with our Application Tracking System (ATS) and all other recruiting tools. Drive a nimble process with a consistent reduction in the cycle time from the start to the end of the recruiting cycle. Demonstrate commitment to continuous process improvement to further streamline the recruitment process in addition to establishing expectations with the client base in terms of what their accountabilities are in the hiring process.
- Responsible for establishing effective, sustainable, and innovative sourcing and recruitment strategies, including but not limited to building internal capabilities to focus on how to source and recruit external passive talent, developing team-wide pipelining with engaged talent communities through social media, effective talent segmentation and prioritization as well as separating hourly hiring from non-hourly hiring, hiring against Affirmative Action plans working in collaboration with the Employee Relations function, and creating an outstanding employment brand through the recruiters and recruiting practices that exemplify outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for establishing and executing an effective university relations strategy, including but not limited to establishing consistent university selection criteria, strengthening our on-campus brand, and developing and/or maintaining student programs (co-op, internships, management associate programs, scholar programs, etc.).
- Responsible for our employment branding strategy, including but not limited to promoting our Employee Value Proposition.
- Responsible for our diversity hiring strategy, including but not limited to creating and maintaining key internal and external partnerships, establishing Amtrak Diversity Affiliate Groups, leveraging social media for long-term relationship building with diverse applicants, and leading community outreach efforts.
- Must have extensive experience in HR, preferably showing continuous career progression
- Must have demonstrated experience in a management capacity and in the area of recruitment
- Must have strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Must have knowledge of best-in-class recruiting techniques and models
- Demonstrated understanding of talent management and succession planning
- Must have strong project management skills
- Must have strong process improvement skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an effective change manager and change agent
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management to develop strong business partnerships and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and influence
- Proven track-record of critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to plan and reason at both a conceptual and an operational level
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Able to understand complex business strategies and recommend appropriate recruitment solutions
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Relevant HR or project management licenses and/or certifications.
Posting Location(s):Delaware; District of Columbia; Maryland; New York; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements:10 plus years of experience
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WILL CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM WILMINGTON, DE, PHILADELPHIA, PA, AND NEW YORK, NY**
Apply for this job