BestMile is a fast growing Swiss startup with offices in Lausanne (Switzerland) and San Francisco (USA) developing cloud technology that leverages the full potential of autonomous vehicles to tackle urban mobility challenges. BestMile is building a distributed and scalable platform to control and optimize fleets of driverless vehicles in real time around the world. BestMile is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer (AWS) to join its team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you understand the challenges of scaling real-time cloud-based distributed services which have a strong impact in the real-life. As a member of a DevOps team, you will play a vital role in architecting, implementing and managing the infrastructure to provide the best scalability, efficiency, and high-quality outcomes of our products.
Working closely with the development team, you will help to improve our software factory chain to speed up our release cycles while ensuring stability and predictability of production deployments.
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Work with the team on architecting and designing products with excellent operational, security principles and cost effectiveness.
- Good understanding and appreciation of Agile software development process, the DevOps culture and the open source tooling ecosystem.
- Good Experience with Linux (ubuntu/debian) and networks.
- Programming experience in shell scripts, go, python or java.
- Experience managing AWS Infrastructure as a Code using technologies such as Terraform, Packer, ...
- Experience managing and orchestrating container based environments using technology such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Experience with dynamic scalability and highly available solutions using AWS's components.
- Experience with relational (Postgresql), NoSQL databases administration, backup and recovery.
- Familiarity with continuous integration strategies and continuous delivery pipelines with Jenkins and Docker.
- Working well in a cross-functional team environment and desire to learn new things.
- Strong attention to detail paired with the right amount of pragmatism and flexibility.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts, opinions and listen.
- Good communication skills in English (and ideally in French).
- Authorised to work in Switzerland (EU citizens ok).
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation platforms such as Ansible, NixOps, ...
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, service mesh and tracing concepts
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of typical security related hardware & software.
- Experience with distributed streaming platform like Apache Kafka.
- Experience with PBX/SIP, VoIP and WebRTC video streaming.
- We’re a rapidly growing startup!
- You’ll work with cutting-edge technologies.
- You’ll have impact on people’s life through autonomous mobility.
- You’ll join an amazing team of people passionate about what they do!
BestMile is a Swiss company with offices in Lausanne (Switerland), London (UK) and San Francisco (USA), developing distributed and highly scalable cloud technology, leveraging the full potential of autonomous vehicles to tackle global mobility challenges.
Apply for this job