- Deployed for Exercise Control Centre to track instrumental forces and be an additional lens for Control group.
- Compile lessons identified, facilitate meaningful data and analysis to support BAR (Before Action Review), DAR (During Action Review) and PAR (Post Action Review) phases of the exercise support. At the end of each exercise (especially BME_Battalion Mission Exercise and ATEC_Army Tactical Engagement Centre) derive end of exercise reports and trend analysis to facilitate the Army’s Progressive / Continuous improvement.
- Main linkman between the Ex Control group and Cubic----------Harness different Cubic department in support of the exercise.
- Responsible to manage welfare, roles/responsibilities of Analysts/ KMS.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Deployed for Exercise Control Centre to track instrumental forces
- Provision of additional lens for the Exercise Control to draw out useful insights and identify lessons
- Exercise Preparation - Coordinates on performance Indicators / checklists encompassing Before Action Review (BAR), During Action Review (DAR), Post Action Review (PAR) using the Army’s Action Learning Process (ALP) for preparation of analysis reports to facilitate learning before/during/after exercise
Pre Exercise Activities
- Conduct umpire training and training of TES (Tactical Engagement System) equipment to commanders/troops.
- Understanding of Exercise Design, Commander’s emphasis, development of collection plan and formulation of Performance Measurements.
- Ensure the exercise force structure is accurately uploaded in the CATS system for live monitoring.
- Coordinates with the Exercise Control HQ or conducting units or training units on the local/overseas exercise parameters (e.g. level of instrumentation, weapon parameters, force type definition, update rates of various groups of players, position coordinate system, training area location, exercise time zone, etc.) and to ensure they are configured and set up and ready for operation. This coordination needs to be conducted as follows;
- 8 weeks before the commencement of support, initial coordination to affirm the training area, resources requirement and general exercise schedule which will facilitate the resource allocation and furbish relevant information during the monthly training coordination meeting to review Letter Of Authority (LOA).
- 4 weeks before the commencement of support to affirm detail equipping and exercise schedule to affirm the resource allocation.
- 2 weeks before the commencement of support to confirm the unit ORBAT (Order of Battle) by submitting Cubic laptop with CATS Template to unit Ex Coordinator.
- Co-ordinates with and obtain from Exercise Control HQ the appropriate exercise maps, exercise objectives, scenarios, and performance indicators/checklists for the preparation of overall and functional AAR (After Action Review) templates.
- Participates in Exercise Control HQ and Final Coordinating meetings to understand the exercise design, performance and learning objectives.
- Prepare Record of Meeting and development of the admin instruction after the initial coordination (8 weeks).
- Coordinates with the VSAT team to develop an effective communication plan and identify the deployment grounds for GRSs (Ground Relay Station) to ensure continuous communication coverage for the entire duration of the training support. This shall be planned in relation to whether SCC (Static Control Centre) or MCC (Mobile Control Centre) or BLS (BFI Light System) or MEXCON (MURAI Exercise Control Centre) as the control centre.
- Coordinates with Exercise Control HQ POC (Point of Contact) on the exercise time-table and directs the Video Production Team OIC to work on the storyboard for the video production.
- Conducts a briefing to the umpires and unit commanders on the implementation of the BFI systems and how they can facilitate realism training for force-on-force exercise environment.
- Plans and ensures the deployment and set-up of MCC, BLS and GRS are based on the scope of exercise in concert with Exercise Control HQ’s requirements. Similarly, if either SCC or MEXCON facility is used, then the deployment of GRS shall be planned to support the exercise throughout. However, if a limited number of GRSs is used to support an exercise and unable to cover the entire AO, he shall plan to leap-frog the GRSs to support the exercise as it progresses.
- Plans and conducts briefing to Operations Support Services groups i.e. Senior Analysts, Analysts, KMS (Knowledge Management Specialists), BCN (Backbone Communication Network) , SAs (System Admin), BSG (BFI Support Group) and FOT (Field Support Team) on the details and schedule of the exercise support.
- Conducts recce, if necessary with BSG and BCN (esp. for overseas support) to determine suitable deployments for MCC / BLS and GRSs.
- Supervises the BSG in the provision of effective operations support of the TES system, including the BFI add-on before and during exercise by providing them with timings and locations of the fitting up of TES equipment and the conduct of online checks.
- Responsible for the pre-exercise functional check (1 week before the commencement of the operation) the following assisted by the respective supporting staff ;
- System availability of 100% Ao (Operations Availability) to meet the exercise support;
- Warehouse Manager to facilitate TES equipment
- System Administrators for (FI/CATS/Computer Systems/Projectors) in SCC / MEXCON / MCC / BLS / AAR.
- Comms Tech for GRS and IVTS (Individual Vehicle Tracking System)
- BSG/FOT for online status
- Seek security clearance for staff and computer peripherals to be bought into camps.
- Ensure the safety staff of respective department, manage the safety guidelines.
During Exercise Activities
- Coordinates, notes impending actions, carries out activities to capture and book mark DAR and PAR, Recording of Lessons Identified, facilitate face to face with umpire.
- Monitor the online status during exercise; Online status (manware – 95% and above/ VHI – 100%) in camp and during trouble shooting with the assistance of KMS.
- Compile the hourly online status and prepare an online status report at the end of the exercise. It should indicate the cause of the poor online status with facts.
- Update Conhub on the online status, below 95% or combat forces are very much affected, to seek their guidance and advice to conduct trouble shooting on-site, if required.
- Activate escalation process for poor online status (below 95%), CATS, FI, IVTS, battery level, RSSI issue etc to KMS, SA, BSG and HD BCN respectively. So that the respective members can resolve the issue within the stipulated time.
- Update Conhub on the escalation outcome.
- Compile the poor online status (below 95%), CATS, FI, IVTS, battery level, RSSI issue etc in the event log.
Post Exercise Activities
- Compiles all lessons identified within a given time frame according to contractual agreement using Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis.
- Ensure warehouse staff conduct Collection and Loss & Damage (L&D) accordingly of TES equipment.
- Compile an end of exercise report with all the happenings within the exercise and submit within 48 hours upon completion of the support.
- Attends Exercise Control HQ internal debrief after the completion of exercise and L&D report to seek feedbacks from Exercise Control HQ and Exercise Units on the implementation of the TES equipment and the operations support services provided.
- Ensure the safe recovery of the MCC, BLS, GRSs after the completion of exercise with the assistance of the functional group heads.
- Conducts Customers’ Survey and ensures customers’ satisfaction by providing the CUBIC DEFENCE Survey Forms for the Umpires and Unit Commanders to fill in and submit.
- Submit the Service report / Admin instruction 48 hours upon completion of exercise support.
Training Evaluation and Analysis
- Facilitates the collection of meaningful data to support BAR, DAR and PAR phases of the exercise.
- Collects and collates the training data for the different types of training and table the following reports:
- End of Exercise Reports
- Trend Analysis Reports
- Providing on-the-job (OJT) training for new hires onboard (after 1 years in service).
- Preparing, facilitating and assisting with audit checks as and when needed.
- Prepare MEXCON, Mobile Control Centre (MCC) and BFI Light System (BLS) for exercise support locally and overseas.
- Conduct monthly preventive maintenance (PM) and periodic corrective maintenance (CM) checks on MEXCON, MCC and BLS.
- Conduct periodic maintenance of all accessories in EXCON, MCC and BLS.
- Assist in the conduct of MULFAC.
- Assist in the conduct of 5 ‘S’ within respective work area.
- Ensure constant upgrading of knowledge on army operation.
- Constantly liaises with the Army to ensure currency, proficiency in SAF Army doctrines, procedures and good practices.
- Develops a plan for the BFI system equipment and staffs to support overseas deployment. This includes special arrangement, if any, to ensure serviceability, cleanliness and adequacy of equipment to meet overseas training requirement.
- Scheduling of Analysts and KMS for support exercise with respect to Cubic workplan.
- Monitor Analysts and KMS Official leave/ extended working hour/ Medical leave
- asking and assigning analysts to manage
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance with Cubic’s Quality Management System
- Compliance with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Compliance with security and safety in accordance with established policies and procedures of the Organisation and/or the Authority
- Any other duties as and when assigned by Senior Analysts/ Cubic Management
- SINGAPORE CITIZEN ONLY - Not open to non-Singaporean or PR or work permit/work pass/student pass.
- Relevant or related ITE certificate/ Diploma in Engineering or Information Technology or Media/Communications/ Degree in any field.
- Strong hardware/systems and networking knowledge and interest.
- A team player with good analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Independent and able to perform effectively in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Shift duties on site in SAF facilities.
- Must be able to travel overseas, whenever required by the company
- SAF ORD personnel with interest or relevant experience in IT and/or simulation.
- SAF ORD personnel deployed in Combat / Combat Support / Combat Service Support Unit or Training Institute with essential operational & doctrinal knowledge of Battalion level operational training.
- Ex Bn Staff / Ex Bde Staff / Ex Div Staff who are Company Tactic Trained/ Battalion Tactics Trained/ Singapore Command and Staff Trained
- Diligent, responsible, punctual and the willingness to accept added responsibilities.
- Ability to operate independently upon employment
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Apply for this job