Purpose of the Role
- Participate in the design process to ensure that the product is “designed for manufacture”.
- Take an active role in facilitating the transfer of products from design to manufacturing by generating a complete “manufacturing package” for manufacture in-house, Cubic de Mexico or at sub-contractors.
- Provide support throughout the life cycle of the product in order to maintain the production of a quality product efficiently.
Key Result Areas/Outputs
- Participate in Product Design Reviews with the Design Team to ensure that all new products are produced in line with best manufacturing practices to produce a quality product efficiently and effectively (right first time).
- Assist Engineering to identify, analyse and resolve potential manufacturing issues in the prototype and pre-production stage.
- Assembly of prototypes and Engineering validation samples, checking and cross-referencing of the BOM’s, BOM structure, drawings and part numbers etc.
- Provide a formal report on the prototype and pre-production assemblies to identify all issues that need attention and to recommend ways of reducing the associated manufacturing risks.
- Generate the manufacturing package for production and sub-contractors that include:
- Assembly instruction (TP), to optimise the production process, to minimise overall timing costs and reduce manufacturing risk.
- Analysing the product assembly times to quantify labour content (man-hours) and subassembly process times.
- Identifying and acquiring jigs, tools and equipment that will be required for production.
- Training the production teams on the assembly process techniques and use of unique equipment jigs and fixtures.
- Design, install and commission the production line layout, including specialist production jigs, fixtures and associated equipment.
- Support the pre-production run processes managed by the Production Team Leader to ensure that the procedures in the TP’s are strictly followed or amended if necessary. Update the TP’s, and recommend changes to BOM’s and drawings to reflect the desired best production practice.
- Support the Production Team or sub-contractor in resolving issues throughout prototype, pre-production and final production stages and throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Investigate, evaluate and introduce new manufacturing processes in order to improve efficiency, quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Manage his or her own performance, activities and tasks in accordance with instructions given by the Team Leader in line with the company goals.
- Plan and organise his or her tasks to meet company goals and schedules as instructed by the Team leader.
Health and Safety
- Be accountable for a health and safety culture by following all rules and procedures, reporting, and managing all hazards in the work area and actively contributing to, and participating in, company health and safety initiatives.
- Carry out and promote 5S exercises on a regular basis to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Indentured apprenticeship or Degree in a manufacturing engineering related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an electronics manufacturing facility, with broad experience in production assembly, surface mount technology, plastics moulding processes, assembly jigs and fixture design.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Apply for this job