Capability Team/ Department Purpose
The Enterprise Management Team comprises of the Bid Team and Programme Management Office with the primary focus of providing a 360° view of the TSC’s collective efforts in regards to all external engagement, bid/ proposal development and programmed activity. Specifically, the Bid Team’s function is to provide support to the business through:
- Management of the pipeline of opportunities from idea generation through to award.
- Development and co-ordination of all written proposals/ bids through cross business, virtual bid teams observing internal governance processes in place.
- Supporting business development activities, liaising with consortium partners (as appropriate) in support of bid preparation and documentation completion; Reporting of bid activities to feed into monthly business reviews, forecasting and Board papers.
- Reporting of bid activities to feed into monthly business reviews, forecasting and Board papers.
- Being custodian of the CRM to provide visibility of all external engagement and business development activities producing data to enable effective business decisions and reporting.
As part the of the Bid Team, the main purpose of the Bid Lead is to:
- Facilitate the development and execution of robust bid strategies in line with strategic priorities and company mission/ vision.
- Own all aspects of the bid process from identifying opportunities to engaging with consortium partners to develop commercially sound propositions.
- Build and lead virtual bid teams from across the organisation to prepare high quality, innovative and market leading bid submissions.
Key Responsibility/ Accountabilities
- Manage internal resources to ensure that high quality, commercially viable and compliant bids are developed, authorised and submitted on time.
- Develop winning bid campaigns identifying strategic approach, win themes and customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate the production of technical, commercial, financial and operational content.
- Review and re-draft bid content (as appropriate) to ensure consistent language, format and approach is taken when multiple parties have contributed content.
- Attend collaborative competition briefings, providing a company ‘pitch’ relevant to the competition scope and objectives where appropriate.
- Lead effective bid meetings with consortium partners and internal technical resource.
- Handle multiple bids at a time with competing deadlines.
- Own the transition of successful awards into delivery, working closely with the Commercial, Finance and respective delivery team(s).
- Delivery of any other additional and reasonable duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education desirable but not essential dependent upon experience.
- Experience of managing and delivering collaborative research and development bids such as Innovate UK and H2020.
- Previous experience of working within a research environment is preferable.
- Awareness of CRM systems and their effective use.
- Working collaboratively across delivery, sales and support functions.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships.
- All round knowledge and understanding of the TSC’s strategy, enabling capabilities and delivery plan.
- Energetic, driven team player.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work with all personality types and varying work habits to keep projects on task and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research skills.
- Creative approach to identifying potential opportunities for the organisation.
- Personal integrity and credibility.
- Articulate (verbal and written).
- Financial awareness and ability to interpret data.
About Transport Systems Catapult
The Transport Systems Catapult is one of eleven technology and innovation centres established and overseen by the UK's innovation agency, Innovate UK. We were created to drive and promote the Intelligent Mobility market – using new and emerging technologies to transport people and goods more smartly and efficiently. We are helping UK businesses create products and services that meet the needs of the world's transport systems as they respond to ever-stretching demands. We help sell UK capability on the global stage, while also promoting the UK as a superb test bed for the transportation industry. With a clear emphasis on collaboration, we are bringing together diverse organisations across different modes of transport, breaking down barriers and providing a unique platform for meeting the world's most pressing transport challenges.
Apply for this job