The Essence of This Role
The Transport Systems Catapult is seeking a Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) projects Communications Manager to oversee dissemination and communication activities for two new major autonomous vehicle research & development programmes.
The role will involve close liaison with the two consortia which are delivering these projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for devising and implementing a communications plan that will maximise dissemination and media coverage of the projects’ main events, news updates, reports and findings. Due to the high-profile nature of this project the post holder will need to have working experience of dealing with press offices and a good understanding of the political and business landscape.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Publish project summaries and study results through a strong online presence which the post holder will help to establish.
- Host workshops and events throughout the project.
- Communicate and publish success stories & challenges.
- Publish and disseminate Public Attitudes research questionnaires & results.
- Coordinate thought leadership blogs, papers and events.
- Implement Public Relations campaigns including press briefings, press releases and regular newsletters.
- Ensure presence at relevant UK and European events.
- Highlight UK-based investment planning opportunities arising from the projects.
- Ensure learning from all parts of the programme are shared and that ongoing strategies for promoting CAV technology and applications are developed and explored.
- Essential skills/knowledge/experience.
Excellent written and presentation skills
- Experience of writing press releases.
- Experience of working with the general media as well as specialist publications.
- Experience of overseeing the creation of websites and updating website content.
- Experience of briefing film agencies/photographers and similar content creators.
- Understanding of government and automotive industry politics desirable.
- Ability to translate technical information to communicate to a broad audience.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders with differing agendas.
- Ability to work well to tight time constraints.
- Experience of working in multi-partner delivery teams and with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with close attention to detail.
- Managing a budget.
- Project planning.
- Experience of publicising events.
- Experience of using Social media.
- Event management.
- Natural networker and communicator.
- Creative problem solver.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, high energy.
- Positive, can do solution focused attitude.
- Capable of working to challenging timescales.
- Organised, clear & precise.
- A team player who can also work independently.
About Transport Systems Catapult
The Transport Systems Catapult is one of eleven technology and innovation centres established and overseen by the UK's innovation agency, Innovate UK. We were created to drive and promote the Intelligent Mobility market – using new and emerging technologies to transport people and goods more smartly and efficiently. We are helping UK businesses create products and services that meet the needs of the world's transport systems as they respond to ever-stretching demands. We help sell UK capability on the global stage, while also promoting the UK as a superb test bed for the transportation industry. With a clear emphasis on collaboration, we are bringing together diverse organisations across different modes of transport, breaking down barriers and providing a unique platform for meeting the world's most pressing transport challenges.
Apply for this job