The College of Italian Railway Engineers (CIFI), founded in 1899, is one of the oldest and most important professional technical associations in Italy. Its main aims are:
- promote the examination and study of scientific, technical, economic legislation on land transport;
- work for the best answer to the questions in public opinion, both at the executive and legislative powers of the state and at the government and private organizations;
- enhance the role of engineers and transportation experts and contribute to their cultural elevation;
- investigate, coordinate and support the interests of engineers and transport experts to contribute to the recognition of their professional activity;
- contribute to improve the technical education and training and further training of workers in land transport.