We are Trapeze, a leader in transportation solutions, and we need a Mechanical Engineer for our North American customer base.
The Mechanical Engineer will design and support smart and indispensable solutions to work superbly with our client’s bus and rail fleets. The right candidate will lead integrations of Trapeze mobile technology, deliver creative designs and provide outstanding sustaining engineering support of products and installations. The Mechanical Engineer is the crucial contributor to our engineering team as we continue to grow and expand our product offerings for some of the most progressive Transit savvy markets.
This role enjoys a mix of new product solution engineering, sustaining engineering, and innovation projects.
• Develop the 3D CAD, files, and 2D documentation to represent our design and integration processes
• Collaborate with business development and project teams to capture customer needs
• Create innovative transit solution designs for manufacturability and user experience
• Hands-on mechanical architecture design, analysis, documentation and functional validation of mechanical components and assemblies for a variety of accessory products
• Ensure successful production of parts and solutions with your knowledge, and understanding of materials, component manufacturing methodologies, in heavy vehicle integration methods
• Support and audits installations to validate solution design, product integration, and vehicle functionality is sound
• Create and maintain project and process documentation
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
• Results driven and a determined mindset to achieve and exceed goals
• Provide mentoring and formal/informal training to various audiences
• Ability to travel as needed – up to 50%
• 3 - 5 years of relevant mechanical design experience preferred
• Any experience level will be considered, including entry level
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent Engineering degree
• Knowledge of Engineering documentation including bill of materials, change management, configuration management, ASME engineering standards
• Demonstrated experience using Autodesk Inventor – AutoCAD Electrical and Cable is preferred
• Demonstrated and in depth understanding of design tolerance and dimensioning
• Effective communication skills with the ability to interface with people throughout our organization, vendors, and customers
Here at Trapeze, we strive to ensure that our employees succeed in all aspects of their career. Our culture provides individuals with the ability and opportunity to collaborate, learn and grow. We encourage our employees to openly contribute ideas, whether you are a student, graduate, or current member of the team. From day one, you will be assigned tasks that are meaningful to both the success of our business and your career development.Apply for this job