- Glasgow hosts ITS Congress where Ericsson will share its vision of how intelligent transport systems (ITS) contribute to a Networked Society. ITS Congress is Europe's largest ITS event
- Experts from Ericsson will participate in six sessions to present how transport ecosystems can become connected, cooperative and automated
Climate change, 5G, big data and automation are among several topics in focus. From June 6 to 9, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will share its vision of how intelligent transport systems contribute to a Networked Society in the 11th ITS European Congress in Glasgow. Taking place at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre with the theme "Delivering Future Cities Now", the congress is Europe's largest intelligent transport systems and services event.
Andrea Petti, Head of Intelligent Transport Systems at Ericsson, says: "Intelligent transport systems are rapidly enhancing the efficiency, safety and environmental credentials of the transport sector across the world. At the ITS European Congress, we will meet with other leaders in this field, discuss the latest trends and explore collaboration opportunities."
- Experts from Ericsson will participate in the following sessions to present how transport ecosystems can become connected, cooperative and automated:
- 4G, LTE and the ITS road towards 5G
- ITS and climate change
- Freedom to roam: towards MaaS without frontiers?
- From standalone to connected to automated
- Proactive & demand-responsive transport management using multiple data sources
- Managing automated transport in Smart Cities
For more information about these sessions, please click here.
Ericsson will be joined in Glasgow by Consat Telematics, a key intelligent transport systems partner. Consat Telematics is a leading Scandinavian provider of ITS solutions for public transportation, and together the two companies are enabling strong end-to-end solutions for fleet management, real-time passenger information and traffic monitoring for large ITS customers.
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society - a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
Our services, software and infrastructure - especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud - are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities.
With approximately 115,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Forty percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions - and our customers - stay in front.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2015 were SEK 246.9 billion (USD 29.4 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.