Greener Journeys has today launched a consultation on the creation of a Transport Knowledge Hub to support Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) with growth initiatives.
The main objective of this new Hub will be to provide local decision makers with the tools and information they need to make transport capital investments which will drive local economic growth and jobs.
It is proposed that the web-based Hub will offer:
- Guidance on the prioritisation and delivery of investments which are most likely to drive growth, productivity and jobs
- Guidance on all aspects of delivery, including procurement, risk management and managing contingencies
- Case study material providing examples of successful projects and programmes
- A forum to share best practice and build a professional community
A Working Group of LEPs is leading the initial work and, in partnership with KPMG, is seeking:
- Views on the structure and content of the Hub
- Best practice case studies of transport initiatives
Claire Haigh, Chief Executive of Greener Journeys, said: “We are very excited about the creation of the Transport Knowledge Hub and welcome views on how we can get the best value from it.”
Responses to the consultation should be sent to Gerard.Whelan@KPMG.co.uk by October 31.
About Greener Journeys
Greener Journeys is a campaign dedicated to encouraging people to make more sustainable travel choices. We aim to reduce CO2 emissions from transport by encouraging people to switch some of their car journeys to bus or coach instead. Switching from car to bus for just one journey a month would mean one billion fewer car journeys on our roads and would save two million tonnes of CO2 every year.