From contactless EMV to new retail platforms and cloud-based back office architectures, Parkeon Transportation has been leading the way over the last 12 months in developing digital systems that create value for transport operators and improve the end-to-end experience of passengers.
The award-winning company is the preferred retail and real-time systems partner for public transport operators across the UK and is developing a digital systems pathway to move the bus industry towards frictionless travel by 2022.
“Contactless is just the beginning of the digital revolution,” says Gavin Trimnell, Parkeon’s Head of Sales and Marketing.
“We’re now working on new architectures that will make ticket retailing truly seamless for end users through fully integrated platforms capable of bundling apps, payment options and automatic ‘best-fare’ functionality into one holistic solution.
“This will not only make multi-modal travel easier for individuals than ever before, with the environmental benefits that this brings, it will also enable them to tailor the services they receive to meet their specific preferences, for example through account-based ticketing and personalised travel information.”
In addition, Parkeon’s digital pathway for transport operators will integrate back office, payments, hosting and inspection requirements while simultaneously providing bespoke analytics to sharpen marketing activity and improve scheduling decisions…helping organisations to become even more customer-centric.
Says Gavin Trimnell: “Bus operators are on a digital journey that will enable customers to access services more easily using a payment methodology that is becoming increasingly popular in every area of daily life. The use of contactless bank cards alongside Apple Pay and Android Pay on mobile phones offers an improved passenger experience but it’s only the beginning of a journey that will lead to frictionless travel.”
Parkeon’s recent successes include:
- Arriva bus customers across the north east of England are going ‘contactless’ thanks to the leading operator’s partnership with Parkeon. The scheme – one of the biggest outside London – will deliver significant benefits to passengers who can pay for their journeys with a contactless credit or debit card. Contactless payment has been made available through technology developed by Parkeon for the Wayfarer200 ticketing platform, with the newly-installed Axio 4c secure card reader.
- Customers travelling on Lothian Buses’ Airlink 100 service between Edinburgh city centre and Edinburgh Airport can now pay for their fare using contactless technology provided by Parkeon. The system is fitted to Lothian’s brand new fleet of Airlink buses, and is a first for the city, providing customers with a quick and convenient payment option. All major contactless payment cards can be used, as well as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Parkeon is expanding its systems integration capability into on-vehicle surveillance. CCTV specialist Anthony O’Brien has joined the company and will be working with bus customers to introduce the latest DVR technology to augment passenger safety and asset security. Parkeon has created a partnership with technology provider Timespace and will be using its extensive systems experience and nationwide support network to bring a fresh offer to the market.
- Work has started on the roll-out of the largest UK rail contract since privatisation covering smart ticket vending machines. Arriva UK Trains has signed a framework agreement with Parkeon, which will see the installation of over 700 TVMs – including 35 large RetailWall® systems – across the Northern and Chiltern Railways.
- Parkeon engineers are working on one of Europe’s most advanced multi-modal ticketing systems as part of a major public transport infrastructure investment in Northern Ireland. The programme will include the delivery of a modernised ticketing system, including contactless payment technologies, to transform the travel experience of Translink passengers and boost the number of people using public transport.
Parkeon is a major player in the urban mobility industry and supplies a wide and unique range of parking management solutions and public transport ticketing solutions.
Every single solution offered by Parkeon is the result of carefully thought-out design, specially created with the customer and end-user in mind. Our guiding principles are as follows:
- Our innovative spirit, taking an overall view of the city and its urban mobility issues: growing urbanisation, increasingly growing traffic congestion, heightened awareness of environmental aspects, and changing trends in city dwellers’ behaviour.
- Our expertise in research, providing solutions for complex problems with a goal to reach optimum efficiency.
- Our local presence, throughout the world, with our local agents being close at hand at our subsidiaries. In order to further complete and enhance our range of products and services, Parkeon also works with the support of an extensive and dynamic network of partners.